We are delighted that you are interested in partnering with Loganville Christian Academy for your child's education. We are currently accepting applications in PreK-12th grade for the 2017-2018 school year. Applications are accepted on a rolling admission basis as long as space is available in the class. If a particular grade is full, a waitlist will be started and if the waitlist grows to the point where we can open an additional class, we have the room to do so. If your student is on a waitlist, we will keep you informed of the status of enrollment in that grade.
Applications completed before July 15 will be considered for admission prior to the start of the school year. A completed application includes receipt of all required recommendations, school records & school questionnaire. Due to the amount of time needed to process an application, conduct testing and complete the interview process, we cannot guarantee that an admissions decision can be made in time to start school for students who apply after July 15. If an application is received after July 15, the student can still be considered for admission, but they may have to begin school after our start date.
1. SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION
- Online Application: Applications for all grades should be submitted via the online application.
- In order for an application to be submitted, $175 application fee (per family) will be paid online when you have completed the application.
- As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide an email address for a pastor or church leader as well as teacher email addresses (classroom teacher for PreK-5th grades and Math & English teachers for 6th-12th grades). Please be prepared with these email addresses as obtaining these letters is a component of the application process.
- Authorization to Release Records: This record request is from your child's current school and is required for all applicants.
- Student Questionnaire: Required for grades 2-5 only. Please print and email, fax or mail after completed.
Once the online application is submitted with all supplemental forms and payment of the $175 application fee is received, the application is sent to the admissions committee for review. The committee recommendation drives the next step of the process, i.e., additional testing, parent interview, student interview, etc.
2. GRADE LEVEL ASSESSMENT
- Pre-K, Kindergarten & 1st Grade Applicants: Students applying for the Pre-K, Kindergarten or 1st grade are screened with a standardized evaluation instrument. This instrument assesses language and literacy development, number concepts, motor skills, and social development. A completed application with all supplemental forms and the $175 application fee must be received before a testing time will be scheduled.
- 2-12 Grade Applications: Students applying for grades 2-12 must submit the results of a nationally-normed standardized test, taken within the last 12 months. If current testing records are not available or if it is determined that additional information is needed for assessment or placement, a grade level assessment date will be scheduled.
A $50 testing fee per student is paid at the time of the test.
After the application is complete and any necessary testing has been completed, the admissions committee will determine if an interview will be granted. The admissions office will call to schedule the interview. Both parents and all 6th-12th grade applicants are required for the interview. Applicants entering PreK – 5th grades are not expected to attend the interview.
Interviews are scheduled on select days as outlined below. Families will meet with 3 of our administrators over the course of 90 minutes on campus. It would be wise to make a note of these dates so you will be available if you are called for an interview. Interviews will be scheduled between 7:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. A complete application means that all required records and recommendations, as well as an application and fee have been received.
For applications submitted by July 1, interviews will be scheduled for July 11. For applications submitted by July 15, interviews will be scheduled for July 25.
4. ACCEPTANCE DECISION
Acceptance of the applicant is based on review of the application, test scores, transcript or report card grades, the pastor/church leader questionnaire, and interview results if applicable. Loganville Christian Academy does not discriminate against any person based on sex, race, age, or national origin.
We begin accepting applications in October for the upcoming school year. Applications are reviewed on a rolling-admissions basis as long as there is space in the grade level. A waitlist will be maintained when a grade level becomes full.
Registration forms are sent to admitted students immediately after acceptance. A student's space in a grade level is held for two weeks after admission. The student is not officially enrolled at Loganville Christian Academy until the registration forms, financial contract, and registration fee are received.
Other Information Required for Admission:
Certificate of Immunization – Form 3231 (revised 2007) – State law prohibits a student from beginning classes until Form 3231 has been received by the school. It may be obtained from your family physician or local health department.
Eye, Ear and Dental Examination Form – Form 3300 – This may be obtained by your family physician or local health department. State law also requires that this form is on file for each student.
Copy of the birth certificate.